Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The MArkets! (second attempt)

Updated July 15 with images.   Ok. So maybe I have figured out how to get the images working....maybe not. We shall see.
 
I am a little out of chronology here, but I think I can finally post some images, so I will time travel backwards a bit. 
 
In Cusco there were vendors for everything. It was pretty awesome for some of our little gang, namely Mateo and me. We are born shoppers, I think. James was a bit harder to get into the buying spirit, and Diego more so. In the case of Diego, there was some coercion in the form of "I'll send you to summer school when you get back, if you don't buy some stuff in Peru!" Just to be clear, that was grandma talking via FaceTime, not me. 
 
Anyhow, we stumbled into the market of markets in Pisac. After tromping through the ruins, we made a (much too short) stop at the town's market. It was blocks upon blocks of covered stalls and open markets. It was Sunday so the farmer's market was also there. I felt like I had stumbled upon the Peruvian equivalent of Harry Potter's Diagon Alley! I wish I could have explored that place for hours and hours instead of the very brief time we had there. It was pretty fabulous. the pictures (which hopefully will post below) don't do it justice.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment