Friday, July 15, 2016

It just Keeps Coming -Sand Dunes

In this trip so far we have seen amazing things - Machu Picchu, the Rainforest, the Andes, the ruins at Pisac and Sexy Woman, the textiles and colours...and just when I thought we had seen it all... Today I was amazed all over again at the majestic beauty of the sand dunes just outside of Ica. We are staying in Huacachina, an oasis located 5 minutes outside of Ica, surrounded by enormous sand dunes. It is something else to look up and see yourself tucked in between towering mountains of sand. It is a thing of beauty. When we went up the dunes in a somewhat death-defying buggy trip, I wasn't sure if I was getting points for being a cool mom, or if I was in fact endangering my children. The ride was a terrifyingly fast and loud scaling of very big sand dunes, punctuated by stops where we got out of the buggy and lay face first on a snowboard to toboggan down enormous sandscapes. Every where you looked all you could see was miles of sand mountians. It looked like something other worldly. I highly recommend a visit if you ever get the chance. As Diego said when we were returning to the hotel: "that was fun, except when it was terrifying." P.s. We have also traveled in almost every kind of vehicle- buses, airplanes, trains, cars, and now, today, DUNE BUGGIES!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment